How to Prepare your Guest Room
If you’re anything like us, we LOVE to host family and friends! It’s the perfect opportunity to spoil your guests with thoughtful treats to make them feel special and appreciated.
What better way to make sure they have a comfortable stay than to create a delightful guest bedroom where they feel right at home? Here’s how to prepare your guest room the Villa Bologna Pottery way...
- Comfortable Bedding: Fresh sheets, soft pillows and cosy blankets are essential to ensure your guests have a restful night's sleep.
- Personal Touches: Add some personal touches to the room, such as books, or small items that reflect your guests' interests or your shared memories.
- Lighting: Lamps make the room cosy, especially a nice pair of bedside lamps. Turn them on before the guest arrives so there is a nice glow when you show them to their room.
- Snack Basket: Place a basket filled with an assortment of snacks and treats in the room. Include a mix of both sweet and savoury options like granola bars, chocolates, nuts, popcorn and fruit.
- Water: Always make sure there’s a carafe of water and a tumbler by the bed for a late-night quench.
- Fresh Flowers: A vase of fresh flowers can add a touch of beauty and life to a room and make it smell delightful. Check for hayfever first - a bunch of wild herbs might be a safer option.
- Toiletries and Essentials: Stock the guest bathroom with toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, toothpaste, toothbrushes and fresh hand and face towels. It's a thoughtful gesture that will make your guests feel at home. A pretty soap dish with a lovely bar of soap will make them smile.
- Wi-Fi Password: Provide the Wi-Fi password in an easily visible spot, such as on a note card.
- Light Reads: I always leave books, magazines or Malta travel guides or topics of interest in the room. It's a nice way to entertain your guests during their downtime.
- Scented Candles: Lightly scented candles add a welcoming aroma to the room, creating a relaxing atmosphere in time for sleep.
It’s thoughtful gestures and attention to detail that will make your guest bedroom truly inviting and memorable. Your guests will appreciate the effort you put into making their stay comfortable and enjoyable and maybe even inspire them when it’s their turn!